Thursday, June 28, 2007

Bittersweetness

Life is so full of joy and sorrow. And often at the same time.

These past few months have seen great highs and lows. I have been presented with a number of incredible opportunities, found a wonderful place to live and am supporting my brother and his fiancee plan their wedding. At the same time, two people I love and admire have been diagnosed with brain tumors, another friend of mine is grieving the loss of her friend to a brain tumor, my childhood friend's mom has breast cancer, my mom's dear friend just had heart surgery and today my best friend told me she has skin cancer.

Meanwhile, my cousin and his wife welcomed their first child into the world, I finished my research proposal and many of my close companions who do not yet know the Lord are voicing greater interest in my faith.

It is a strange place, betwixt and between the two extremes. I thank God that He is my rock. This would all be far too much to handle without Him.

1 comment:

Dave said...

This reminds me of when you told me to "Get excited!" the other day.

Seems like most days I can be sighing from a taxed mind and heavy heart one moment and then relishing some tiny little blessing from God the next.

Woe is us? Haha.