Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Independence Day Eve

In the last week, it has come to my attention that my neighborhood likes fireworks. I've gotten over the "duck and cover" reaction I initially had upon hearing rapid fire in this, the southeastern region of Los Angeles. Some of them have been a bit fun to watch from my window. But the issue I now have is not that they're keeping me awake (in fact, I've almost gotten used to the sound) but the pesky sirens that follow them. (For my one out of state reader, fireworks of any kind are illegal for civilians in Los Angeles county. Something about brush fires and whatnot.)

Despite the anticipation of a long evening, it is with much pride that I wish everyone a Happy Independence Day! Don't do anything I wouldn't do. ;-)

May God continue to bless and guide this country.

2 comments:

John said...

Two out-of-state readers, thank you.

Muzzy said...

Hope you had a safe and happy Fourth. God bless, P.